Sunday, November 28, 2010

Priorities of Life

I have been giving some thought to what my priorities in life are or ought to be.  My family knows I think about these quite a bit, but I thought I'd lay them out here again for those that don't know and see what your thoughts are about them.

Priorities:

  1. My relationship with God, meaning my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
  2. My relationship with my wife, Stephy.
  3. My relationship with my children, namely:  Richard, Mike, Becca, AJ, Bren and Shannon.  I also include in this list daughters and sons - in law, namely: Rebekah, and soon to be Patricia and Russell.  All fine people in their own right and I'm proud to call them part of the Gould family.
  4. My relationship with my family, meaning brother, sisters and extended family and close friends.
  5. My responsibilities within Church, meaning callings.  For those that aren't LDS, church is not something we do once a week.  Each of us is called to serve at different times and in various capacities within the church.
  6. My responsibilities at work to help my company succeed and provide for the temporal needs of my family.
  7. My responsibility to the community in which I live.
These priorities, when I live by them, provide happiness in my life.  What are your priorities in life and how do they provide happiness in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment